With 20 years in the nonprofit sector, I bring a wealth of experience and a “soup to nuts” skillset in building programs, measuring outcomes and raising funds.
I help organizations amplify their impact through program design, evaluation and fundraising.
I believe that the common thread between these three areas is the importance of a well-crafted story.
Identifying that story is always the first step of my process, whether I am designing a museum program for families or writing a compelling grant proposal—and it’s that story that drives the project from start to finish. Whether you’re in need of project-based or general support, I’d love to talk about how I can help.
- Research, Writing and Curriculum Development
- Program Development and Budgeting
- Training and Workshop Facilitation
- Project Management
- Evaluation Design and Capacity Building
- Audience Interviews and Focus Groups
- Survey Design and Analysis
- Strategic Planning and Sustainability Planning
- Fund Development and Donor Engagement Strategy
- Appeals and Donor Communications
- Grant Writing and Prospect Research
- Case Statements and Annual Reports
“Ellen has been so patient and such a support as I have started my nonprofit. She helped me develop a case statement that is perfect to pull from for our narratives when writing grants. She has been someone I can continue to come back to and ask questions as I learn and is always so gracious to work with.”
–Lindsay Latva, Executive Director, Bristlecone Arts Collaborative
Work with me.
I am based in the Charlottesville, VA area, but am happy to provide remote support outside this region.