With nearly 20 years in the nonprofit sector, I bring a wealth of experience and a “soup to nuts” skillset in building programs, raising funds and expanding awareness.
I help organizations amplify their impact through program design, fundraising and communications.
I believe that the common thread between these three areas is the importance of a well-crafted story.
Identifying that story is always the first step of my process, whether I am designing a museum program for families or writing a compelling grant proposal—and it’s that story that drives the project from start to finish. Whether you’re in need of project-based or general support, I’d love to talk about how I can help.
- Research, Writing and Curriculum Development
- Program Development and Budgeting
- Training and Workshop Facilitation
- Project Management and Program Evaluation
- Fund Development and Donor Engagement Strategy
- Appeals and Donor Communications
- Grant Writing and Prospect Research
- Annual Reports
- Case Statements and Impact Reports
- Newsletters and Constituent Communications
- Marketing and Social Media Support
- General Writing and Editing
“When I was Board Chair, I found Ellen to be an excellent fundraiser with an aptitude for corporate engagement and grant writing. She is the best writer I know, for grants, marketing, and in general. I strongly endorse Ellen and I think she adds significant value wherever she is involved.”
–Brent Geist, Executive Vice President, FirstBank
Work with me.
I am based in the Charlottesville, VA area, but am happy to provide remote support outside this region.